Backend Team Lead, Demand
Curious about what it’s like to work at the world’s number 1 discovery platform as a Software Engineer in the Demand Performance team?
Gravity is being acquired by Taboola, the leading content discovery platform of the open web. Our office in Budapest is to become Taboola’s R&D hub in Central Europe. As a Team Lead, you will influence directly on the way billions of people discover the internet.
- 5 years programming experience
- 2+ years team lead experience
- Strong engineering skills
- Experience in SQL
- Databases and Big Data tools
You can start
- From tomorrow
- Develop one of the largest real time big data operation to support over 40TB of new data every day
- Have end to end ownership: design, build, ship, measure and maintain our backend services
- Collaborate with the brightest software engineers team members
- Projects such as: Internet Personalization, Content Feed, Real Time Bidding, Video Recommendations
How to apply
- Language of application: Hungarian
- Any level degree
- Fit for negotiation
- Weekly working hours
- 40 hours/week
At Gravity, we build a best-in-class recommendation and personalization solutions for our diverse, global clientele ranging from content to eCommerce stores in 10+ industries.
Thanks to the excellent team we have, we can proudly say that through the years we've acquired a know-how that continuously proved to be unbeatable when A/B tested against similar solutions.
Our vision at Gravity R&D a Taboola company is to enable enterprises with large clientele to engage with their consumers by using exceptional machine learning algorithmic portfolio, which incorporates predictive, adaptive learning analytics to anticipate future behaviour or estimate unknown outcomes on a low-cost, low-risk basis.
What would I miss if I left?
The flexible working hours and, of course, the team. The office in Buda where we can have grill parties in the garden, just like at home.
What makes our product special
tied for first place in the Netflix Prize competition
Introducing Gravity RECO - online SaaS personalisation solution
Strategic partnership between Gravity R&D and Deloitte
Yusp by Gravity R&D - rebranding
Yuspify by Gravity R&D - new brand
Gravity R&D became a Taboola company
How can the employees affect the company’s life?
Since we are a flat organization it's easy to reach out, even to the top management, and share your ideas anytime.
Besides, we regularly run satisfaction surveys to gather feedback.
Trainings and workshops
You can attend conferences, meet-ups, in-house trainings, language courses.
- Most proud of
- Our team
- Breakfast, together at the office
- Bike, public transport or car?
- Special compensation for cyclists
Why we love our office
The best thing about the office is that it's almost downtown, yet we have our own new building on the Buda side, with a beautiful garden, where we can either grill or just work outside when the weather is nice.
Personal qualities we appreciate
You will love to work with us if you are proactive and independent, if you drive your ideas but also enjoy a highly skilled professional team to whom you can turn to for brainstorming.
We are proud of...
- Highest achieved result in the $1M Netflix Prize
- 2015 Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Central Europe awardee
- Clients on 5 continents, in more than 20 countries
- 5 billion recommendations served each month
- Monthly $40 million added revenue for our clients
- 25 scientific publications and patents
About the workplace
Do you celebrate birthdays in the office? We celebrate Gravity birthday.Number of people/office space35 ppl in 3 spaces in our own buildingIs there lunch break?Sure. We appreciate results,not minutes.